Together We Achieve!
At Swanwick Primary School our vision is to create an inspirational and inclusive community of happy, life-long learners.
* Our school is safe and secure. Our children develop the skills necessary to face confidently the challenges of living in an ever-changing society.
* We are ambitious for all of our children and will provide high quality education so that they are all able to achieve their potential.
* We have high expectations of behaviour and children develop a strong moral framework in which everyone can thrive.
* Our curriculum encourages excellence, creativity and independence.
* Learning is based on memorable, stimulating experiences which promote a sense of enquiry and aspiration.
* Everyone is valued as an individual: welcomed and respected.
* We work in partnership with parents to encourage high standards and promote self-esteem.
* Our children make a positive contribution to society and will be equipped to continue to do so in the future.
Swanwick Primary School is a community school, catering for pupils aged 4-11 years old.
We strive to provide a secure, happy environment where purposeful learning can take place. Children's social skills are valued highly and the school offers many opportunities for children to develop through extra-curricular activities in addition to an exciting and varied school curriculum.
As well as 15, well-stocked classrooms, the school also has a large hall and a parents drop-in centre.
Outdoor provision is spacious, with 2 large playing fields, 2 playgrounds, an early years area, a quiet area, a pond, raised beds and two undercover teaching areas. The grounds and local area provide an important learning resource and are used regularly across the curriculum for outdoor learning.
Our latest Ofsted report (November 2012) praised the school's good teaching, its strong relationships between staff and pupils and the pupils good attitudes to learning.